There's still quite a lot of what might be called 'structural work' to be done. The flow needs sorting out, the chapter cut-off points need shifting and, most importantly, I need to sort out the beginning.
It might sound odd to not have done the beginning properly at the start, but I find the first words and sentences of a book the most difficult. Bane of Souls was different, because it began as an exercise to keep me in the habit of writing (I decided to do it properly and self-publish a few chapters into it). I've got a few ideas for the start and will decide on that fairly soon.
I also need to decide on what the cover should be. I had what I thought was a good idea in mind for months, but doubts led me to make a quick mock-up and I found that it really didn't work. No rush with the cover, of course, but unlike last time I want to get it done well in advance.
As well as adding bits and making the story flow better there's also the general question of quality, which can be hard to assess. There are some chapters/scenes that I think are good enough to be published right now, but most of them need some work.
There's quite a lot to do, but things are progressing pretty well. After a week of map-making (which was quite novel) I'm glad to be working with words again.