A few scenes I'd been planning to add felt like filler when I looked at them again, so I decided against adding them, and a few I managed to combine. I've still got little additions to do. These are mostly things like correcting errors or improving continuity, as well as small details to try and make the world more realistic/immersive.
Progress on writing the secenes was slower than I'd hoped (given I decided against writing a few of them), but hopefully the minor additions will be done pretty rapidly.
The book's still a long way from finished, though. After checking/redrafting the new bits I then need to slot them into the 20 original chapters, and at least two more redrafts will be needed to sort out the flow of the story, add/cut what's needed and to polish off the details and improve the general quality of the exposition/dialogue.
I also need to get the cover sorted. It might sound odd to be worrying about that at this stage, but getting the cover done early is a very good idea. If there's an issue with the art or a delay then it gives the writer time to overcome that without delaying publication, and it's reassuring to get it done early. I cocked this up with Bane of Souls by doing the cover last (although I was lucky to get the lovely and talented Lee Yoong to do a great job), which delayed the release by a couple of months.